Sunday, August 7, 2016

president called me

Dear all, 
As for news from Traslados: I am staying in Chivilcoy. (Woohoo!)  My new comp is named Hna Mattinson and Hna LeSueur's new comp will be Hna Cordova (my second MOM! WOOT WOOT!). Right now Hna LeSueur and I are alone in Chivilcoy awaiting our new comps (they get here on Wednesday). So we're gonna work in both our areas and clean the pench for the arrival of the other hermanas.
I'm super pumped for this traslado. Seriously. 
The news I want to share today has to do with a phone call I received from President on Saturday night. We all get a little nervous when he calls...
Hna Alarcon answered the phone and then she passed the phone to me. Hola, Presidente...
Well, long story short, he told me that he had just been present at Omar's baptism in Ituzaingo and said it had been a really wonderful experience. He said that when Omar bore his testimony, he said the following(...this is paraphrased obviously):
I am so grateful to the sister missionaries here today. They have taught me and helped me tremendously. But there is one sister missionary who is not here today and I wish she could've been. Hermana Huston is the one who told me very directly that I needed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it to know if it was true. And because I did that, God was able to inspire me to be baptized in the true church - the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And because of that, my life has changed.  
Okay, that was VERY paraphrased. I mean, President was quoting Omar and obviously he translated it when he talked with me and then I wrote what I remembered so yeah. But can you just imagine my surprise and utter joy in that moment? I choked up and all I could say was Thank you. Thank you, President, for calling me.
Even now...I get this feeling in my heart and throat that, man, it's just indescribable. 
I know that it wasn't me that got to Omar. It was the Holy Ghost giving power to my simple words. I know this is God's work and I am eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven for allowing me to be His servant. I love being a missionary. I love respresenting my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love this gospel and I know that it is true. And I share these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Con amor,
Hna Huston

1 comment: