Sunday, August 7, 2016

personal revelation is so cool

Dear all,
This week I studied lots of talks and a few chapters from el Libro de Mormon that helped me tremendously. Also, we've been seeing lots of fruits from our labors this week. The first week of the traslado kinda felt like a whitewash for Hna Cordova, but little by little we are piecing things together and I am finally really understanding the importance of PLANNING. Wow. Hna C is so organized in her planeamiento semenal and she's teaching me and I am seeing how it helps our whole week go more smoothly. Without that weekly planning session, we would be lost and lots of time would be spent uselessly. But since our planning and our work every day, the Lord has been blessing us with miracles. We exceeded our lecciones con miembro this week because we kept finding people in part families (and even though we knew about their existence before), jamas had they JOINED us for a lesson before. But this week they did. the mom of Juan palacios, the hija and prima of Karina, a menos activa, and others. They may have seemed like small coincidences, but they were great miracles for me who has been here for two months now. 
It's hard when people don't cumplir with their compromisos, like when Yuliana and Maitena didn't come to church when they said they would. But they have their albedrio and all we can do is help them understand better in the future. 
I started reading EnseƱando, predicando, sanando by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland today and it really hit me. I love the Holy Ghost! I love prayer. I love this gospel. It's so amazing. 
So, I was reading this talk and the part where he explains that Christ asked the Father if the cup could pass from him, pero al final, la copa no paso. Al final sometio Su voluntad a la del Padre. Elder Holland declares that this is sumamente importante. More important even than His personal attributes, His great sermons and parables and His miraculous acts of healing. 
Christ submitted His will to the Father and that is what we must learn to do too. Recognize and accept His will. Because He is our Heavenly Father and will help us become the best that we can be. 
It's hard, but it's possible. Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my Savior.  
And as a missionary, that is what I am trying to help other people understand. It's hard to express all that is in my mind and in my heart, but I am trying. (And yes... sometimes...oftentimes, failing.) 
But I just remember this: I am struggling, but also STRIVING to learn all that I must learn and to do all that I must do to become a better instrument in the Lord's hands. 
It's little by little, but it's something. And the great thing is, I am never alone. 

Con mucho amor,
Hna Huston
P.S. The picture is of me and Hna Cordova on our first day together! :)
Sorry, but it's the ONLY picture I have cuz neither of our cameras works. We need to buy cameras, but it'll probably be awhile so...yeah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment