Sunday, August 7, 2016

Milagro

Dear all,
Something funny here in Argentina is that instead of names like darling and honey, couples call each other things like viejo, gordo, flaca, etc. and that's considered cariƱoso. 
In other news, I started reading Our Search for Happiness and I love it. On page 8, Elder M. Russell Ballard explains exactly, EXACTLY what I've been feeling and experiencing since I got to Argentina. 
"As I strolled along the Trent, weary and yet happy and satisfied in the work, an overwhelming feeling of peace and understanding came over me. It was at that precise moment in time that I came to know that Jesus Christ knew me, that He loved me, and that He directed our missionary efforts. Of course I'd always believed those things. They were part of the tesimony I had shared just a couple of hours earlier. But somehow in that instant of what I realized was pure revelation, my belief turned into knowledge. I didn't see any visions and I didn't hear any voices, but I could not have known of Christ's reality and divinity any more intensely had He stood before me and called out my name."
That first part is what I wanted to share because he explains what I've been feeling PERFECTLY. 
"It was at that precise moment in time that I came to know that Jesus Christ knew me, that He loved me, and that He directed our missionary efforts. Of course I'd always believed those things...But somehow in that instant of what I realized was pure revelation, my belief turned into knowledge."
My belief is turning into knowledge, time and time again. 
I know that this is the true gospel. 
And God is blessing us with miracles. MIRACLES. 
Yesterday we called our mission president to tell him about a huge miracle that happened and I wanted to share it with you all. On Saturday we were visiting Edith, a woman who is one of the ladies here in Chivilcoy who is basically like our second mom. She doesn't go to church and hasn't gone for years. We don't know exactly the reason, but she was hurt by something that occurred and for that reason, doesn't come to church. But in her house, we met Sebastian. One of Edith's sons is named Juan and he is special. So is Sebastian. I think he's slightly autistic. And he has some physical handicaps since he had 6 operations on both his legs and therefore can't walk well. We didn't know that until yesterday. 
Wow, I'm doing a terrible job of telling this story.
Suffice it to say that we met Sebastian on Saturday and he started asking us questions about what religion we belonged to, where the church was, etc. He gave us his number, his address, and he said he'd come to church to check it out. Ok, as a missionary, I can tell you this. Sebastian es un RE MILAGRO. What's more is that yesterday, he came to church. He came late, because well, we discovered a bit about his medical history and that just testified to us even more how amazing he is. Despite his physical impediments, HE CAME TO CHURCH. I don't know how he walks by himself. When we got to him, we each took him by the arm and helped him into the chapel. And afterwards, he told us that his dad doesn't know that he came to church. So we're gonna have to go ganar confianza...pray for us please.
Like  I said, Sebastian is slightly autistic. But he is super intelligent and super GOOD and we feel so blessed that he found us. Yeah, we didn't find him. God led him to us. Wow, I just can't even express my gratitude and happiness to be a missionary right now. 
Also, Hna Cordova emailed me to give me the news that Omar is going to be baptized! He was our investigator in Ituzaingo just before I got transferred. 
And there are more miracles. With menos activos, with random people in the street...things are happening that confirm my testimony over and over again that this is God's work and He blesses us when we try, when we put forth our very best effort and we follow the Spirit. I leave you with my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Con amor,
Hna Huston
P.S. Sorry my emails are so loco. Time is up so I don't have time to edit. I hope I made some sense. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment