Sunday, August 7, 2016

hermoso

I know that President Robertson is a man of God who receives revelation for us here in Argentina Buenos Aires Oeste. My testimony is constantly being renewed and confirmed every day and this week my testimony of continuing revelation was renewed because of traslados. God knows what He is doing when He puts us with certain companions in certain areas at certain times. 
Hna Cordova, my madrastra/nueva entrenadora, is RE CAPA. I am so grateful for her. She is from Lima, Peru. And President Robertson lived in her stake in Peru so she knew him before he was President!  
This week was the hardest week thus far. It's hard to explain why... 
but yeah, this week we've encountered some SUPER difficult situations. We've met people who have been inactive for years and heard their stories about WHY they stopped going to church. Never in my life have I heard stories like theirs. I was stunned. And SO SO SAD. Humans can be so horrible. I didn't know what to do. 
When we got home that night all I could think as I prayed was: "That's why we NEED this gospel. We NEED our Savior, Jesus Christ. Some people use their albedrio to make bad decisions and they affect other people too. And it is inevitable that many times, I will be weighed down with the weight of the world. My older brother told me that the mission is SO exhausting despite the 8 hours of sleep every night and I never understood. How could I? But...now I do. Now I know what it's like because we are out here serving others 24/7. Living - studying the gospel, walking in the cold, struggling to understand and express myself in castellano, learning by the Spirit, loving absolutely everyone and praying to love them better, teaching and constantly trying to get better at teaching (it's not easy for me. at all.), inviting them to keep their compromisos...It's a good thing we're so close to the Spirit or else there is NO way I could do this."
When we got home that night all I could think as I prayed was: "That's why we NEED this gospel. We NEED our Savior, Jesus Christ. Some people use their albedrio to make bad decisions and they affect other people too. And it is inevitable that many times, I will be weighed down with the weight of the world. My older brother told me that the mission is SO exhausting despite the 8 hours of sleep every night and I never understood. How could I? But...now I do. Now I know what it's like because we are out here serving others 24/7. Living - studying the gospel, walking in the cold, struggling to understand and express myself in castellano, learning by the Spirit, loving absolutely everyone and praying to love them better, teaching and constantly trying to get better at teaching (it's not easy for me. at all.), inviting them to keep their compromisos...It's a good thing we're so close to the Spirit or else there is NO way I could do this."
I just realize every day how much I rely on my Savior and I am overwhelmed with gratitude to Him and to my Father in Heaven for the blessing of the gospel in my life. I'm so so grateful. And I'm so glad I'm on a mission where I get to share that with others. This is what goes through my head when I am feeling weighed down with the things we see and hear and experience on the daily. The mission is HARD and hermoso at the same time.

Life is hard, but hermoso. Thank goodness for the gospel of Jesus Christ.


love,Hna Huston 

No comments:

Post a Comment