Sunday, March 6, 2016

See ya later

I ate a Dove chocolate yesterday and this is what it said:
Pretty prophetic.
The hard part though, is leaving behind my family and friends and loved ones.


 
So hard. Especially in the moment.
But then I think about WHY I am going to serve a mission. I think about the multitude of blessings that will result from my full-time missionary service. Blessings for me, for the people I serve, and for my family (both present and future). 
And that makes it all worth it.




 





Coming back to Provo is definitely making the transition easier. 
Thank you, Heavenly Father!
I love my friends and family. 

One of the greatest lessons I've learned and that I'm still learning is to TRUST IN THE LORD.
Although this can be difficult at times, I know it will all be worth it in the eternities.
That's why keeping an eternal perspective is so essential and powerful.
Even though goodbyes are hard, I know it's not goodbye forever. It's just a see ya later. 
In this case, a "see ya in 18 months."
And the gospel makes that possible in life in general. Even when loved ones pass away and we have to say goodbye for a time...we know that we will see them again. 
Thank goodness for the gospel. Thank goodness for our Father in Heaven and our Savior, Jesus Christ. 
I am so looking forward to sharing my testimony of the gospel with the people of Argentina for 18 months and then with my future family and everyone I meet for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment