Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Lord Works in Mysterious Ways


Yesterday, my mom and I drove three hours to Gilbert. We delivered homemade tamales (my mom makes the BEST TAMALES EVER. Seriously I've tried various tamales and the only ones that I've REALLY liked are my Mom's) to Mama Rush and talked with her and her husband for awhile. They are wonderful people and they raised a wonderful family. I'm so grateful Kristi was my roommate in college.
Then we went to the temple. I love being able to go through the temple with my momma.
Afterwards, we ate food at Sam's Club and then drove home. (We stopped in Gila Bend for ice cream.Woot woot!)
Note to self: when you are a mom and you are buying food anywhere, remember the people at home. (When we were ordering food, my mom decided to buy a whole pizza, that way we could take leftovers home to the the rest of the fam. Fiona especially, LOVES pizza. She's like Selena Quintanilla. (If you don't know who that is, go look up the song Amor Prohibido or Como La Flor or Bidi Bidi Bom Bom or No Me Queda Más.)

The point of telling this story is to share that there is power that comes from doing good.
I woke up at 6am this morning and I remembered my dream. In my dream, things that occurred this last summer were being brought to my recollection and somehow, I was organizing a talk in my head as I slept. It was the WEIRDEST thing. I mean, I've come up with talk ideas in some unconventional settings before (like during runs), but I've never done it LITERALLY unconsciously before.
So I woke up, got out of bed, and began writing down everything that came to my mind. And now I have a pretty good start to my farewell talk, which I won't have to give for another three months. So I'm pumped that I already have a good basis for it. I'm sure I'll be able to tie in my ideas with whatever speaking topic I'm assigned. I feel so prepared and I love it. Woohoo! That is what I get for going to the temple yesterday.

Oh, another example of a blessing in my life recently, is the part-time job I just got. Originally I didn't have a plan for what I was gonna do here at home for THREE MONTHS before my mission. It was a problem. I was just gonna hang out with my family and do some baby-sitting. But then, a miracle happened and I got a job at a dental office as a receptionist. It's all thanks to a lady in my ward (she was one of my favorite seminary teachers EVER) who offered me the job because she needed someone to help out temporarily since one of her office managers is undergoing chemotherapy.
All I can say is...Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment