Monday, November 9, 2015

One of the guys

Fiona, on our way to Arches we saw these cute little dogs and thought of you!! 
(...and Pippin, but mostly you.)





The sky changes so fast. These photos were taken within a couple minutes of each other.
The sky is SPECTACULAR.










I should've just slept on this tree. 
It probably would've been just as comfortable a night as the one we actually endured...

We found the perfect marshmallow-toasting stick!
We had roast and beans for dinner and s'mores for dessert. It was delicious. I love eating around a campfire. 

It was a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG night. Post-s'mores and post giggle-fest (maybe it was just me who couldn't stop laughing...), we were pretty miserable. We all piled into the bed of the truck and at first all was well. We talked and laughed and saw lots of shooting stars!! I love seeing the night sky when you're out in the middle of nowhere and there are stars on stars on stars...
But then we actually tried to go to sleep. And we only had two sleeping bags for the three of us. Apparently the Chrises, Chris', Chris's (how on earth do you pluralize that?) had an extra sleeping bag, but I wasn't informed of that fact until it was morning... So yeah, it was COLD! My toes were froze.
I started off wearing leggings and a t-shirt. Half-way through the night I pulled on another pair of thicker tights, joggers, sweatpants, a running jacket, a hoodie, and an extra coat that Josh brought. So I was wearing FOUR layers on top AND on bottom (see photo below for the full effect). It was better, but my feet were still numb.


The next day was AWESOME though. We ran and hiked and climbed and explored. It was an adventure and the sights were incredible!









                    This is my favorite picture.

  
                        Or this one. hehe don't worry, Diego! Not many people actually check my blog.



So...after we all climbed this particular arch, we were heading back and saw this sign:
Whoops...
But then we climbed more arches because if we could climb the Double O, then it was safe to climb the Sand Dune Arch, etc. 
That's what happens when you hang out with boys...
It was exhilarating, lemme tell ya.




 I felt like Indiana Jones!



 I love going on adventures.
God's creations are spectacular and I love taking time to appreciate them. I'm grateful these guys let me come and that I was able to keep up. It was a ton of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment