Monday, November 23, 2015

It's official

I got my mission call. 

Toes curled, mouth ajar in a smile, expressive hand motions...that's an EXCITED Monica.
And I opened it.


Yes, I totally read the first couple lines in my mind before I read it out loud. I wanted to know where I was going to serve ASAP. And Josh did not drop the phone on accident. He threw it. Classic. I love my brothers.
Oh, and the reason why I didn't answer his question: "How do you feel right now?" (Other than with my belated squeal) is because I was a bit stunned. It was hard to think straight. It's actually real. I get to serve a mission. In Argentina. Buenos Aires West to be exact. And I leave for the MTC on March 23rd. 
Woah.

AHHH!!!
I am so happy. I can't contain it.

Mo sent me this picture at a time when I desperately needed it.
I want to bring people the knowledge and hope and power of the Atonement.
I want everyone to know about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
This is why I am going to serve the Lord for 18 months as a full-time missionary:

Jesus Christ is the Savior and Light of the world. Because of Him, death is not the end, and life has greater meaning. Because of Him, we can be cleansed from our sins, and families can be together forever.                   

I am so, so, so excited to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the people of Argentina.

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaahhhhhh Monica!!!!!!! That's so great! I couldn't be happier for you, congratulations! 😙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, Tia Liliana!! I'm very happy too! :)

      Delete
  2. Aaaaaaahhhhhh Monica!!!!!!! That's so great! I couldn't be happier for you, congratulations! 😙

    ReplyDelete