Wednesday, October 28, 2015

God's Grandeur

It doesn't matter how many sunrises I see, or how many shooting stars I witness, or how many times I feel the wind whip through my hair. I will always appreciate it all. How can I not?

In my British lit class we learned about Gerard Manley Hopkins and his ideas of Inscape and Instress.  It really struck a chord with me.

Inscape is the essential, distinctive identity of a thing, intended by God.
Instress is our inspired perception of things as they really are. It's the process that allows us to see the stamp of divinity in created things.
Wow.
I just love words.
And I love this world and I love my Heavenly Father.








Also, Josh loves me. 
He mixed the peanut butter for me even though he also doesn't like to do that.
It made me happy so I drew a smiley face on it.
I love you too, Joshy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment