Wednesday, September 23, 2015

No one understands? That's not true.

I shared this via FB and Insta, but I figured I'd share it here too. That way my parents can see it :)

Agony in the Garden - Franz Schwartz

"There is no physical pain, no anguish of soul, no suffering of spirit, no infirmity or weakness that you or I ever experience during our mortal journey that the Savior did not experience first. You and I in a moment of weakness may cry out, 'No one understands. No one knows.' No human being, perhaps, knows. But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He felt and bore our burdens before we ever did. And because He paid the ultimate price and bore that burden, He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy in so many phases of our life." - Elder David A. Bednar
I've definitely said those words..."No one understands me. No one understands what I'm going through." But now every time I think that, I also think of this quote from Elder Bednar and I am comforted.
I just want to testify of the truthfulness of the gospel and express gratitude for my Savior and His Atonement. Josh emailed me this picture when he was on his mission and it has been my screensaver ever since because it is such a powerful reminder to me of light in the darkest of times. 
These words from Elder Bednar and this painting by Frans Schwartz have brought me so much comfort and I hope they can do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment