Sunday, September 20, 2015

4:52 1600 2013


Arizona Division I track championships, Girls 1600

 If the video doesn't work (it might take you to the wrong race...), then this link should work:
AZ 2013 girls 1600

This race was the crowning glory of my high school running career. All of the hard work and the hundreds of miles of running that I put in are evidenced in this race. And no, I didn't win. I was never a state champion. But I am proud of what I accomplished and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for His help because I couldn't have done it without Him and all the people He put in my life. Especially my amazing coach and my wonderful family. Thank you, Mom, Dad, Josh, Diego, Fiona, Tommy, and Coach Norton. And all my teammates. And my seminary teachers and high school teachers and competitors (Kristi!). 
Wow, you start listing people you're grateful for and all of a sudden you feel so blessed.
Also, did you notice that for the first half of the race my hip number was falling off? Yeah, I just noticed it too. I was so focused during the race that it didn't even bother me.
P.S. I'm the skinny, brown girl wearing a white uniform top (vertical black stripes down each side) and black spandex.

1 comment:

  1. I caught myself biting my nails and sitting on the edge of my chair!!!

    ReplyDelete