Friday, July 31, 2015

What are you?

Awhile ago a couple of my friends and I were discussing whether, if faced with the option, we would choose a fruity dessert or a chocolatey dessert. Maria would pick the fruit-based dessert. Nik is a chocoholic. I was only half-listening.
Nik turns to me and asks, "what are you?"

"I'm half-Mexican."
...
"Er, I'm a chocolately person."

And then I started laughing.
I crack myself up. 
"I'm half-Mexican." Apparently THAT is my gut-reaction response to the question, "what are you?"
We had a good laugh about that one.

1 comment:

  1. Tyler's family is quite ethnically mixed. One day his half-Hispanic cousin, whose mother since married a half-Chinese man, asked, "What part are you?" Tyler, aged 7, had no idea what he was talking about. The cousin continued, "I'm part Mexican, and my sister is part Chinese. What part are you?"

    ReplyDelete