Sunday, July 12, 2015

I'm a Mormon.

The term "Mormon" is just a nickname for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 
The fact that we are LDS explains one of the excursions on our family vacation. We went to the San Diego temple and the Mormon Battalion Historic Site and Old Town. It was great and I highly recommend going to visit these places. If you're not LDS, you cannot enter the temple, but you can check out the Visitor's Center and walk around outside the temple. 
The temple is a beautiful, holy place where ordinances are performed to seal families together for eternity and to enable us to live in the presence of God. I believe that death is not the end. I believe in the Plan of Salvation. If we are faithful in this life and keep the commandments of God, we can return to live with Him and with our loved ones in heaven after we die. I believe in Jesus Christ. He is the Savior of the world. He atoned for my sins and the sins of all mankind because He loves us and wants us to be able to return to live with Him and with our Heavenly Father. 
If you have any questions about the things I've said in this post (or about the pictures that follow) and want to know more, don't just wonder about it and then forget it or put it out of your mind. Go to lds.org and search something you want to know more about whether it be "temple ordinances" or "the Plan of Salvation" or "Christ's Atonement."
I testify of the truthfulness of this gospel and the joy and peace it can bring. Being a Mormon doesn't mean I never have doubts or trials or make mistakes. If you've read my blog at all, you know I'm not perfect and my life isn't either. I have my share of limitations and problems, but because I believe in God and in Jesus Christ and in the teachings of His gospel on the earth today (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) I know - it's a mouthful, I can feel peace and joy in the midst of trial and adversity. I can strive daily to overcome my weaknesses and become more like Christ. But I cannot do it alone. I need the help of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I believe I can do anything with the Lord by my side. And in order to have Christ on my side, I need to be doing the "Primary answers" daily and sincerely i.e. studying the scriptures, praying, and going to church (that last one's not daily, just on the Sabbath).

Wow, get me started on anything gospel-related and I will talk your ear off, obviously.
Now here are the pictures that sparked my whole spiel. I did not know that's how you spelled that word. It looks weird to me. But yay for learning new things!
,





I'm trying to train Thomas to be a better photographer. The first couple tries he took either millions of pictures of the exact same thing or absolutely zero pictures. But he's a quick learner.

He's also an animal-lover.





Of course, Tommy volunteered to be dressed up like a member of the Mormon Battalion. I love how interactive the tour was. We got to learn about the Mormon Battalion by watching several videos and listening to the testimonies of the sister missionaries and then we got to pan for "gold" (fool's gold) and check out the cool exhibits!


My tongue is very vibrant because we each had a piece of candy from one of the little shops.






Aren't those steps pretty?? I think so.










We also saw some cool stuff at Old Town. Luckily I kept myself from buying anything.



This was in the tunnel that we had to pass through to and from the parking lot near Old Town. There were way too many prepositions in that sentence.
I just wanted to explain the location of the above photo. I thought it looked interesting so I took a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment