Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I love God's creations

I have a Pinterest board with this same title. And the photos on my phone definitely reveal that I am a sucker for the beauty of the earth. Trees, flowers, animals, clouds, fruits, mountains, and grass are just a few things that make me really happy. 
On Sunday, after talking to Bishop about serving a mission (yeah, that's one of the changes I was referring to in my last post. The other one is that I'm not trying out for the team in the fall. More info on that to come...), I went on a walk along the pretty path and just thanked my Heavenly Father for everything. I am so grateful for His goodness and for the gospel and for Christ and for the Atonement and for my family and for good people and for this beautiful earth and for the scriptures and for the power of prayer and for my patriarchal blessing. 
You guys, the gospel is true. I believe it with all my heart. And that is why I want to serve a mission. During my scripture study today, I felt a kinship with Alma when he says in verse 24, "Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." 
I also want to share the good news of the gospel. I want everyone to know that families can be forever. I want to help people come unto Christ. 




True story: I want to have long hair when I get married (that way my hair is long and gorgeous in my engagement and wedding photos, of course.)  
And since I'm going on a mission...I'm about to go 18 MONTHS without having to worry about boys/getting married so that's why this was the perfect time for me to get my haircut. It'll be super long when I get back. Woot woot!

I highly recommend going to the Bean Museum. It's free and it is so cool! 
I want to take Tommy there. Mom, Dad, that means you have to come visit me. 
Pleeeeeeeeeease.




YUM. Fruit is nature's candy. 
And I love candy.

I get to the sunrise more often than not now. At least...I get to marvel at the sky for a few precious moments when I take out the trash if I time it right.
You see, I work as a custodian on campus. From 4:30 to 7:30 AM. 
Yeah, I wake up at FOUR in the morning. Hey, early bird gets the worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment