Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chasing the sun

Well, apparently seeing the sunrise every morning isn't good enough for me. Last night I was walking home from institute and saw this:
So, naturally, I hopped on my bike and zoomed up the hill to a more suitable location to watch the sunset and observe those magnificent clouds. Nevermind the fact that I was supposed to be in bed because I have to wake up ridiculously early in the morning...

I didn't really find a great place to view the sun setting, but this is the best I got. Can you see the clouds outlined in pink in the middle of the photo? It looked absolutely spectacular in real life.

Ahhh the sky. 
I'm so appreciative of/obsessed with God's handiwork.

And God made man. And man made playgrounds. I'm pretty appreciative of those too.

Since I'm not on the team anymore and I don't HAVE to run everyday...I still do. But I don't run 60-80 miles a week anymore.
Even though I'm not running competitively, I still love to run and I still want to be as physically fit as I can be. So I'm that crazy girl at the playground doing chin-ups on the monkey bars and swinging on the swings. It's fun. I can take a break from running and work-out/play on the jungle gym. It works out perfectly since I no longer have free access to a weight-room. The world is my weight-room.
I just have to be consistent. Because I know from personal experience that it's a lot easier to maintain your level of fitness by steady and constant work than it is to work-out in spurts here and there.
Spiritual progression is like that too. We must work hard to develop spiritually by studying the scriptures and praying daily, attending the temple regularly, and applying Christ's Atonement in our own lives. These were the thoughts swirling around in my head as I swung on the swings this morning. 
Can you tell I just finished reading a book about this? I borrowed it from a friend. It's called Power to Become: Spiritual patterns for pressing forward with a steadfastness in Christ by David A. Bednar. I highly recommend it.
I came across another example illustrating this principle in my scripture study today. Alma, verse 37 to the end of the chapter deals with the Liahona. 
"40 And it did work for them according to their faith in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day. 
41 Nevertheless, because those miracles were worked by small means it did show unto them marvelous works. They were slothful, and forgot to exercise their faith and diligence and then those marvelous works ceased, and they did not progress in the journey;"

So, remember to exercise your FAITH and DILIGENCE in all areas of your life. That's how you will progress constantly and eventually see marvelous results.

And here's my vast collection of photos featuring the sky (for the most part):  























No comments:

Post a Comment