Sunday, June 28, 2015

Not a doll's dress...

                       

That's MY dress. I could fit into it 20 years ago.

One of my favorite stories to ask my mom about when I was little was the story of my birth. (I know, self-centered, right?)
But really, she told it in a way that made me happy. Happy that I am me. Happy that she is my mom. And happy that we all have a Heavenly Father. 
So...story-time.
I was born two months premature. My mom was taken to the Phoenix hospital via helicopter because of all the craziness. You see, my mom's appendix had ruptured. At first, the doctors thought the pain was due to the pregnancy, but it was actually appendicitis. 
My mom told me that the pain she felt from her appendix was worse than having a baby. She thought she was going to die. My mom is really tough. So you know it was awful. 
It was so bad because her appendix wasn't removed right away. It stayed in her body for four days after it burst, "spilling infectious materials into her abdominal cavity" (I looked it up.), and making her miserably sick. I'm so glad it wasn't me doing that to her.
Finally, after all of that was fixed, I was born. And I only weighed three pounds. (Three is my favorite number, just fyi.)
I had to stay in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) for awhile before it was deemed safe for my parents to take me home. And I still had to be attached to this machine that monitored my heart.  

I guess my home-coming caused Josh some consternation. 

Despite my somewhat scary entrance into this world and the potential for health risks, I have been blessed with a strong body and general good health. I am incredibly grateful to my Father in Heaven for that and for my wonderful family. 
Today is my first birthday since I started my blog so I thought I'd share my birth story with you. 
Also, I am TWENTY. Yikes.
Shout out to these two for my cake.
My mom made it  (yellow with chocolate frosting) and Tommy decorated it.
Happy birthday to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment