Monday, May 18, 2015

Moderation in all things

I've been thinking about this for awhile now and it's definitely something I need to work on. Here are some examples of when I have struggled with (or dismally failed at) being moderate that helped spark the idea for this post:
> One time Kristi and I ate chocolate chip cookies and a variety of Easter candy...for lunch. Oh, but we shared a peanut butter and honey sandwich...so we're golden.
> Browsing Netflix and realizing I've seen pretty much every cheesy romantic comedy out there. 
> Checking Instagram every 5 seconds...
> Taking so many pictures of nature you'd think I was a professional photographer for National Geographic.
> Eating half a pan of Kelsey's banana bars. And I wonder why I don't have a six pack... 
She bakes delectable desserts EVERY Sunday. It's posing a problem for me considering my major sweet tooth and lack of self-control...everyone has their own trials in life, ok? 
Like I said, being moderate is something I need to work on.
So, I have set some goals for myself and I look forward to working on them daily this summer.

Now here are some pictures from my life:
Just gonna ditch the whole moderation thing for a minute because I have a million pictures to share...

He's the cutest.


My brothers are pretty talented.
Name that movie. 
If you can't, dishonor on YOU! Dishonor on your COW! 
Hint: Don't guess Mulan.

Alexia: Will you hold my flowers please? But don't smell them. Only me and my prince can smell them.
Me: Ok, got it.
Me (internally): Awwwwww you are so adorable. I want a little girl!!

Or a little boy. Look at that face!


Omelets are the greatest.
Turns out I like veggies A LOT when they are enveloped by eggs and cheese and sprinkled with salt and pepper.

As promised...fuzzy willow decor at The Cottage. 
Maria renamed them because apparently their actual name contains a word that has another, inappropriate meaning. My bad...
Actually my naivety, which is kind of the opposite of bad...but I digress.

.

I am reading Gone with the Wind. (Again.)
But this time I am actually going to finish it. I promise, Fiona.

 Aimee and Maria are leaving soon, so we had to get a roomie pic together.


Eeeeew.



BIKE PROM!!!
I went to my very first prom on Friday. Eek! And it was BIKE prom. That's right. I donned a dress and mounted my bike...and enjoyed myself immensely. I bet you didn't expect that since you didn't think the whole biking-in-a-dress thing was gonna work huh. Well. it did.
It was a stellar night. We biked 6 miles, danced for 2 hours and raided the food table numerous times. It was a really fun group. Here are some riddles for you from that night.
           Note #1: "Situation puzzles (sometimes called lateral thinking puzzles) are ones where you need to ask lots of yes or no questions to figure out what happened in the situation. These are good puzzles for groups where one person knows the puzzle and answers the questions"...so yeah, good luck.
           Note #2: If you're with a group of people trying to figure out one of these puzzles and you solve it, do NOT shout out the answer and make it common knowledge. That way you can: A) Not ruin it for everyone else. and B) Revel in the fact that you know something that they don't.

Riddle #1: (I actually figured this one out on my own before someone shouted out the answer.)
A man walks into a bar and asks for a drink of water. The bartender puts a gun to the man's head and the man leaves the bar, completely satisfied. What happened?

Riddle #2:
A man leaves home, goes straight, turns left, goes straight, turns left, goes straight, turns left, goes straight, and is back home again. What is his job?

Riddle #3:
A man is found dead in a pool of red with 53 bicycles around his head. How did he die?

1 comment: