Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Re-discovery

Since school is out and we no longer have fuel cards...we are making our own food. Dun dun dun. Actually, it's great. I'm re-discovering how much I love cooking and baking, now that I have time for it. It is so satisfying. Also, hanging out with this girl is so fun.  



I pulled out my violin the other night and we had a flute/violin jam sesh. Making music is one of my favorite things. I want to practice more and become proficient in several instruments. Or just one...ya know, gotta set realistic expectations for the summer. 

Here are some recipes (for future reference):

Rice:
Ratio: 1 cup rice to 2 cups of water
Bring the water to a boil, then add the rice and salt. Cover the pot and lower the heat to a simmer.
Cooking times:
White rice - 18-25 mins
Brown rice - 30-40 mins

Asparagus:
(I know what you're thinking. Ew! Veggies?? Gross...WRONG! Just give it a try.)
Toss asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a cookie sheet. Put in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. 
It's SO GOOD.

Snack:
Layer the following:
Ritz cracker
Slice of cheddar cheese
Slice of cucumber 
Lemon pepper
Eat and enjoy! Mmm mmmm.

Mashed potatoes: 
(Note: I got this recipe when I went with Mo to Easter dinner at her brother's house. They're from Idaho, so obviously they know how to make YUMMY mashed potatoes.)
Cut potatoes in halves(ish) - so they cook faster. 
Put potato halves in a pan and fill with water.
Boil for 50 mins.
Add some salt, pepper, butter, and milk. (optional: cheese)
Mash them. 










No comments:

Post a Comment