Sunday, April 5, 2015

Frequent flier

Being a runner for BYU means you get to fly a lot as well as run a lot. Here are some pictures from our latest trip to California:










I am grateful every day for the opportunity I have to be a runner  for BYU. I love it.
It's been a rocky road/a rollercoaster ride for me in more ways than one since I came to BYU. Sometimes I wish that my college running career could have been a mirror image of my high school career. That would've been pretty sweet.
But then I realize how much I have learned from my experiences with running and with life in college and I wouldn't change anything.
Yes, trials are hard. I have broken down and bawled my eyes out a number of times. I have felt frustrated and upset and like I wasn't worth anything.
But thanks to my parents and my testimony of the gospel, I know that those negative thoughts come from Satan. And I know that I can pray to my Father in Heaven for comfort and strength.
Heavenly Father helps me in everything I do. He helps me reach my goals. He helps me have confidence in myself. He helps me feel grateful, whether I am in the midst of adversity or I'm on top of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment