Sunday, March 22, 2015

Doubt not, fear not.

Note to self: ALWAYS go to all the firesides, devotionals, etc. that you can. Put on some church clothes and go. It will be worth it. You will feel better afterwards, promise.

Kate Hansen
10th place - Sochi 2014 Olympics
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 160 lbs
(I included this info because she made jokes about her weight. She said people look at her and think she weighs a lot less than she does. She does not look like she weighs 160 pounds. But it makes sense because she is all muscle.)

Kate Hansen's stories were amazing. The things that she went through were insane and she is incredibly strong. But I loved how she described the hard times. She didn't pretend like they were easy. When she broke her foot and it seemed like her dreams were completely crushed, she admitted to bawling her eyes out. She wondered why this had happened to her when she had been training so hard and doing everything she possibly could.
This made me feel better. It also opened my eyes. I can do so much more.
For YEARS, she was away from her family and friends. She underwent intense training and travel. She gave up sweets and she completely dedicated herself to preparing for the Olympics - mentally, physically, spiritually. The demands on her body and mind were unbelievable. She got a one week break at Christmas - that's it.
If she can do that, then I can do this. I can overcome challenges in my life. I'm so pumped to wake up and work hard tomorrow. I want to remember how I feel right now. Remember this so I can push through the hard times in my life.
And later on in her life, Kate realized why everything happened the way that it had. It made her stronger. And the Lord worked miracles in her life and blessed her for her perseverance through it all.
We may not know WHY bad things happen, but it doesn't matter. As long as we are doing the best we can, I have faith that everything will work out. Maybe not how we expect it to or how we want it to, but that's okay. God is in control and He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. He is perfect and He loves us and thus everything will work out the way it's supposed to.
We just need to have faith and give Him our all. And pray for comfort when we are confused or discouraged. And search the scriptures daily.
D&C 6:36 really helped her have courage and press on:
 36 Look unto me in every thoughtdoubt not, fear not.

No comments:

Post a Comment