Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Life is good. God is good.

I love my family. Sometimes I wish we were all back at home. Those were good times.
But I love my new life here in Provo too.

Epiphany: I was such a baby when I came to college. I didn't know how to do anything! Don't get me wrong, my parents did a great job as parents. I am just very stupid and so I basically had to relearn everything I was ever taught upon leaving the haven that was my home for 18 years. I had to gain my own testimony again, and learn how to study and run and establish good eating and sleeping habits. These things sound so simple, right? Well, I struggled when I came to college. Like, really struggled. 
The good thing is that I have come a long way. Thank goodness. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for not giving up on me and for not allowing me to give up on myself. I hung in there with His help even when everything seemed to be going wrong. The gospel really is miraculous. I never want to forget the lessons I've learned over the course of my first year of college. And that is why I am writing about it. Specifics are in my personal journal, but here's another reminder for myself that God lives, that He loves me, and that He is infinitely patient. 
Hopefully my blog will touch others as well. That's why I keep it public instead of private.
Don't give up. God is always there to listen to and answer your prayers. Sometimes not when or how we want them to be answered, but He is perfect and knows what is best for us anyway. So don't stress. Just do the best you can.
Here's one of my new favorite poems that teaches this truth beautifully:

God Answers Prayer
I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment