Tuesday, February 24, 2015

BYU Bucket List

(these are things I want to do while I am a BYU student living in Provo, UT)

Side note: I LOVE LISTS. To-do lists, grocery lists, things-I-love lists, song playlists, etc. They help make life better. More organized, more fun, and more fulfilling.

KEY:
- means I still need to do it
*** means I've done it!

- run Timp
- buy chalk and write a message on the stairs south of campus
- have a picnic on top of the JFSB
- go country line dancing
- make a music video with my teammates
- take a picture from the top of the Lib. Square roof
- swing on the Mona rope swing
- drive the Alpine loop
- run 90 miles in one week over summer (just think about that for a minute...that is 15 miles every day for 6 days! I did it in HS, but not in college YET.)
- run 20 miles all at once on July 1st, 2015 with Kristi & co. (that's Kristi's birthday and we're gonna be 20!)
- road trip to CA
- do 10 pull-ups
- ride the ski lift at Sundance
- go to the puppy barn

I should have done this next part in a chronological order. But that would've taken a lot more time and effort than I have at the moment. So enjoy this jumbled mess!

***all-you-can-eat Kneader's French toast (I can put away 3 slices of French toast, easy.)
***sleepover in the locker room in the SF (Thank you, Ria!)
***drive a moped (well, sort of...I won't go into details on that embarrassing attempt)
***go rock-climbing and bouldering at the Quarry
***legit rock-climbing up Provo canyon
***feed the ducks at the duck pond
***go spelunking in an old mine (I nearly died. It was an exhausting, yet exhilarating adventure.)
***meet another girl named Monica (this happened yesterday! I was in the library and was looking for Danielle, a girl I was meeting with to work on a project together. I sat down next to this random girl and texted Danielle when suddenly, Tito (a former MTC co-worker) comes over. He looks at me, looks at the girl, and says, "Welcome to the Girls-named-Monica-who-know-Tito fan club. This is our first meeting..." Hahaha he is ridiculous and hilarious. So yeah! Her name was Monica too. And it was super random that she was meeting with Tito, and I happened to sit next to her. Crazy stuff. That was the first time I've met another Monica. She seemed nice.)
***survive a train yard adventure (I won't go into details about this one because I've been sworn to secrecy.)
***go to various BYU sports events (basketball, football, and volleyball games...I really should go to more games.)
***HAVE FUN at dance parties (this one is still ongoing thankfully)
***hike the Y
***watch a free movie in the SWKT (I saw Invictus on a date and this German Christmas movie with Mo.)

                         


I didn't get to compete in this because I was broken, but Kristi & Kieran got 2nd place!!
***take a dance class (It was fun except for the part where I got a stress reaction in my left foot. But being injured made me appreciate running and being healthy even more. It was incredibly hard, but trials definitely make you stronger.)

***watch an adaptation of Pride & Prejudice in the HFAC (I cannot adequately express my happiness during that play. I was in heaven.)

                                        This is the van I drove!                                         
***run the pipe-line run (it's so cool! I did this when I worked as a coach at the BYU xc sports camp for kids. It was a BLAST! And it paid well. I definitely want to do this again.)

                               
***go snowshoeing

                             
This was BEFORE it went into the oven. So it expanded to an even greater size after baking.
***make a GIANT cinnamon roll (It. was. delicious.)

***drive a Rhino - so fun! (Riding in a rhino with a crazy driver - absolutely terrifying.) 

***make a ginormous 3D snowflake.

***stay up all night. This all-nighter was because I am so good at procrastinating.

***take a ceramics class at BYU. I loved it. I was in that ceramics room (room B-66 - its location is highly classified and restricted access) whenever I had a large chunk of free time. I can make stuff for HOURS.

***locate my favorite tree in Provo. This picture is actually not of my favorite tree. I'll have to remedy that sometime.

***girl's night with megabed. This was freshman year at Heritage.

***take out the trash IN STYLE. Ask my roomies, taking out the trash is the one job I do very consistently.



***take pictures along Carterville. This is our go-to run for workouts and regular runs too. Luckily it's a great route with spectacular scenery because we do it A LOT. Here are some Shetland ponies that we run past in the summer.

This is Em. She's wonderful.
***take an ice bath in the river along the pretty path. It felt really good.

***go to Color Me Mine. Best birthday EVER. Thanks, Rye!


***go to a demolition derby.

Riley thinks he's sooo handsome. Hence the framing of the blue steel look. It's a Thai thing.
***go kayaking down the Provo river.

***Tim Tam slam. A life-changing experience.

Check it!
***go to Chalk the Block at the Riverwoods and marvel at the amazing talent of others.

He doesn't scare me.
***make splatter/spray paint art masterpieces.

Ryan, me, Bernie! We were teammates at Cibola.
***take a picture with Ryan and Bernie on a traveling trip. This is at Wisconsin during XC season.

Jorgen and I were going for the Chesire cat look. We nailed it, if I do say so myself.
***carve a pumpkin

***go to a National Parks concert. Check. Times 3. One was an outdoor concert, one at Velour, and one in the Wilk.












No comments:

Post a Comment