Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas Eve

Things I forgot to mention that have happened this break and things that happened today:
  • Diego broke his collarbone so we've all been helping him since there are certain things that are difficult for him to do. So yesterday, for the first time ever, I shaved a boy's face. Quite the nail-biting experience, let me tell ya. I wanted him to look and feel good when I was done. I did not want him to be angry with me for nicking him and causing him to bleed and I also didn't want to leave him with a scraggly chin. Despite some scary moments, it was a success. Apparently Fiona did a better job though, so I guess I'm not cut out to be a barber. 
  • I read As Always, Dave by Jack Weyland. Well, I reread it. It's a great book. I highly recommend it. 
  • I got a haircut! I love growing my hair out super long and then getting 5 or 6 inches chopped off. Then I get to experience the feeling of having short hair (because it's so much shortER), but it's still pretty long. So I get the best of both worlds. I love long hair, but it's a hassle to take care of it when it gets too long.
  • We watched Gone with the Wind. It's four hours long! Even Diego stayed the whole time so you know it's gotta be good. I need to finish reading that book. The movie really got me riled up. If a movie adaptation of a book can stir up that strong of emotions, then the book must be pretty dang good. I hate Scarlett O'Hara and she's the main character. But it's probably because she reminds me of the bad in me. In fact, I can relate to all of the characters in the movie since they each highlighted certain characteristics that everyone has within themselves. And I won't ruin it for you, but suffice it to say that the ending leaves much to be desired. But I will read it nonetheless. And I'll dream up a better ending.
  • I ran the 12 mile power line run out at Picacho with my high school coach and some former teammates. A great way to start the day, that's for sure. 
  • I went shopping with my little sister. Definitely one of our favorite things to do together. I love trying on things that I would never buy...like prom dresses and platform shoes and hideous fuzzy sweaters and so on...it's so fun. Fiona has become quite the fashionista. I definitely value her opinion on clothing styles these days. 







  • My dad got a text from a lady in Josh's mission. She had my brother Josh and his companion over for dinner and even sent us a picture of him! That was so kind of her. And we get to Skype him tomorrow!! :D


    • We had pozole and tostadas for dinner. (Those words look so weird spelled out!) It was absolutely delicious!



    •  We went to Smucker's park. We've created lots of memories there. It's funny how things are never exactly how you remember them from the memories stored in your mind as a younger, smaller person. For example, this swing was not as thrilling to me this time around. Yet Tommy was really scared by it. He had to be holding on to someone or something to feel secure. Crazy, but that's how it goes.(That's a line from a song, I just know it.) Anyway, things change. And speaking of change... 


    These are my parents the year they got married, 1993.
    Aren't they adorable?

    And these are my wonderful parents in 2014.
    Still gorgeous as ever.
    They are the best parents ever. I have learned from them how a home should be. They aren't perfect so I learned from them what not to do as well as what I should do. But they did a marvelous job and I love them so, so much.

    • We Tim Tam Slammed. This was my Christmas present to my family so we had to wait till tonight, Christmas Eve, to do it. When I first got home, I raved about it so much that they became skeptical about the whole thing. They didn't think dunking cookies in hot chocolate would live up to me talking it up so extravagantly. But they had a change of heart. It was heavenly. Mmmmmmmmmmm is all I have to say about the experience. New family tradition, for sure. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment